Know how to find help for your family.
Families need to have enough money to meet their basic needs (food, shelter, clothing, medical care and transportation) to prevent the unintended neglect that sometimes occurs. Connect to services that can help in times of stress or crisis.
- Learn about your community’s resources and how to access services.
- Find a Family Resource Center in your community.
- Volunteer to help others. Build a network of those who could help you down the road.
- Visit your local library.
- Connect into a faith community.
- Be honest about what you need with those who can help.
- Reach out for help before the crisis escalates.
Visit scParents.org to learn about services in your community. Enter your ZIP code to search for free or low-cost resources near you.
Learn more about protective factors for your family.